Thursday, December 23, 2010

Jason Segel Gives Deets On The Muppets

But only so far as to say how much he loves them! He's still staying tight lipped about the plot! With Gulliver's Travels hitting theaters soon, Jason Segel is on the promo trail for the flick, leaving him open to be asked about his next, high-anticipated project, The Muppet Movie ! During an interview, Jason was asked a bit about his background in puppetry, which is how he kind of got the gig in the first place. He talked a bit about his youth and his current love of the craft and even went so far as to talk about filming with The Muppets themselves. Here's just a taste of the interview: And oh my god, you're doing the Muppet movie! How amazing. I'm so thrilled. It's amazing and terrifying and exciting. I've got every emotion flying on all cylinders. Who's your favorite Muppet? Fozzie Bear because he's just so sweet. Do you forget there's a hand attached? Very, very quickly. You stop looking at the puppeteers, they disappear. It's amazing how talented these guys are. It's such an art form. It's really breathtaking. When did you get into puppets? I was young, I was in my early teens and I started writing little short films and I would use puppets as other actors because no one could drive at that point. Did you have friends? [Laughs] Yeah I did, I did! We were just too young to drive. It's sort of an odd thing to play with puppets. Well I was an odd thing. I wore a Superman cape under my clothes until I was 12. I'm not the most normal dude. How about now? I literally have 10 or 15 puppets out in my living room right now. Do you put them away when girls come over? No! You don't put them away, you've got to put it all out right in the beginning. You don't want to pull out the puppets two months in. Now it's my profession so it's cool. There was a time when I was just a weirdo dude in his mid-20s playing with puppets. Ha! What a nut! Sounds like he has a real love of the art though, which we appreciate as the helmer of this movie. Still, we wish he would have talk a bit more about filming with the Muppet gang. The anticipation for this movie is kind of making us a WRECK! [ Image via Pacific Coast News Online .]
Techniques avanc�es de r�f�rencement

Christina Applegate Sara Spraker Britney Spears Josie Maran Jill Arrington

No comments:

Post a Comment